School Based Educational Welfare Officer
- Pay scale: Green book, NJC Points 19 – 23 pro rata £26,501 - £28,547
- Contract: 37 Hours per week, Term Time + 2 Weeks
- Closing date: Monday 18th December 2023 at 12 noon
- Interviews: Interviews are likely to be held in January 2024
The Governing Body of The Prescot School wish to appoint a School Based Educational Welfare Officer to support whole school attendance through outreach work (home visiting). The newly appointed EWO would join an existing Attendance team currently comprised of 3 people.
You will have:
- Vision – Be forward thinking and be able to work as part of the attendance team.
- Excellent communication skills,
- The ability to work with pupils and parents to remove any barriers to attendance by building strong and trusting relationships.
- The ability to be flexible with working arrangements.
- A driving licence and car (mileage payable).
We are looking for applicants who are experienced in working with schools or in schools and have excellent people skills. Applicants should be motivated to develop best practice and should have the ability to work on their own initiative but also support the wider attendance team to provide a high-quality service. Applicants should have strong reflective practice and direction and should be enthusiastic about contributing to the effectiveness of the team.
All information about the post and relevant documentation is available to download below.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact school via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete a letter of interest together with an application form and forward to the following email account – email@example.com
The Prescot School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.