Free School Meals
If you are in receipt of financial support from the government, or your income is below a specified threshold even if you do not receive any income support, your child is likely to be eligible for free school meals, meaning they will be allocated a certain amount of funding per day to purchase food from the canteen.
Is my child eligible for free school meals?
Your child might be eligible if you access:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
If you are not eligible for any income-related government support, because of (for example) your immigration status, you may still be eligible for free school meals if you are working, but earn below:
- £22,700 for families with 1 child
- £26,300 for families with 2 or more children
How do I register?
If you believe that you may be eligible but are not in receipt of free school meals, please complete the relevant form.
If you are a Knowsley resident:
If you are a Liverpool resident:
Support to complete paperwork is available in school.
If you have any further questions, please contact Mrs Earps Assistant Principal Inclusion and Safeguarding at email@example.com.